Tuesday 15 January 2008

Chapter 2 – Part D

Now it was Carelle‘s turn to sigh, “I don’t know” she murmured, “all I know is that you have destroyed my world, either way I’m going to lose one of you. Unless you surrender and go back…” the sentence ended on a hopeful note but the look in her eye indicated that she knew it was a false hope. Fernum’s twisted smile confirmed the falsity. “You know I can’t do that, and your refusal to choose, the isolation you have imposed upon yourself ensures that you lose both of us, you are going to have to choose Carelle”
Ignoring his words, so like their fathers, Carelle changed the subject, “show me your world, these changes you wanted to make that were so important, I would like to see them in action.”

Fernum smiled with delight, “first we’ll need to go up to my ship, you’ll need to make some changes to your environmental suit programming, I have a spare chip you can use” and fitting action to intent he took her hand “two to beam up” he said while pressing a diamond embedded just behind his right ear. As the matter transmitter began it work Carelle felt him squeeze her hand, she could still feel the pressure as they rematerialized on the deck of his ship, the mother ship, base of his soon to be empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment