Saturday 30 November 2013

Cold!!!!


Happy Sabbath Lovely People. I'm at the subway station again, waiting to meet my friend so we can make the journey to church together. 

My topic of conversation today is cold. It is COLD!!!!! that time of the year where you get bone chilling cold but no snow to make it pretty and therefore worthwhile. I have started wearing all my clothes (well about 4 layers anyway) and I look like I've gained at least 20 Kgs. Am in that state where you have so many clothes on that you can't actually bend over or sit down very easily.  But I am warm so I don't actually care.  :-D

Thursday night I went draft hunting, had previously gone to Kim's Club - which is a great big supermarket - and bought rolls of foam strips with sticky stuff on the back. Then I went home and sealed up all the gaps around my window frames. Looks ugly but is warm. The next step - if the cold still seeps through the double glazed windows - will be to cover everything in bubble wrap. Only that will produce internal conflict - pop bubbles or stay warm?  Suspect staying warm will win, but then when spring comes - party time :-D

Have a happy blessed and warm Sabbath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment