Friday 2 January 2015

Happy New Year

So I made a goal for this year. I'm going to try to post something on this blog everyday. 

Now according to the time I'm already 8 minutes late on my 1st Jan post as the time is 12:08am. But I figure since I haven't slept yet then it still counts as 'today - the first day of the new year.'

Recently I've been thinking about happiness. What, exactly,is happiness?

Here is my answer in as few words as possible. 

1. Happiness is a decision and an attitude. 

2. Happiness is a combination of quiet peace and contentment. I think many people equate happiness with pleasure but that I think is wrong. 

3. Happiness is not about having everything you want. Rather it is the decision to be content with what you have now. 

Just like every person in the world there are things I would like that I don't/can't have. I choose to be happy anyway. 

1 comment: