Wednesday 20 October 2010

I'm Not Dead!

As stated in the title "I'm Not Dead!" to clarify let me add "I wasn't hit by a truck." Now obviously all of you who are reading this can make the same statement. :-) However I am extra thankful to be making this statement because yesterday I almost was. I think it is highly important that we pray for each other, for our safety and salvation. And, I'm very grateful to all the people who have been praying for me!!!!!

Yesterday Rebecca and I were walking to the place where we were meeting our ride and by coincidence they pulled up to the lights just as I arrived at the cross signal, I tossed a brief glance to the right, there were no cars coming so I went to run over to them, just as a huge truck whizzed past my nose from the left. (Note to Self: In America look left before crossing the road!) If I'd been half a second earlier or the truck half a second later I would now be a flat and greasy spot on the road. Praise God for His protections.

Now this is where it gets interesting, when we had safely climbed into the car Dallena told us that as they were driving to meet us she had a sudden impression of me lying dead on the road. She took that to mean that Rebecca and I were in danger and she prayed a quick prayer for our protection. By the time she had said this they were slowing to a stop at the lights, and could see Rebecca and I walking on the footpath and the truck coming from the opposite direction. So she and Wing got to see the whole almost squashing incident in semi-slow motion. When we climbed into the car they both looked a bit pale and big eyed.

I am exceedingly thankful for my Guardian Angel today!!! And I suggest that we seriously take the time to pray for each other everyday. Also make sure your right with God because you never know when your time is over and then it is too late. I want to see all my lovely friends in heaven (I also intend to see you many more times before I get to heaven too!) so I'll be praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment