Monday 20 June 2011

Cameron James

Today one of my friends passed into the arms of the Lord. To sleep for a little while until Jesus comes again.


Things I Will Miss About Cameron:
  1. Discovering that after he stayed at my home in Palmerston North my herd of cats had grown from 2 to 4. He invited the next door neighbour kittens in when I wasn't looking. And they wouldn't leave just because he did.
  2. Beating him at poker and taking all his chips! Only happened twice - but I shall miss having the opportunity to do it again.
  3. Arguing over the exact meaning of any applicable rule in any game we happened to be playing.
  4. The fact that he knew the location of every Burger King in Auckland and probably New Zealand.
  5. That he actually thought about stuff and once he made up his mind on something he didn't let the opinions of other sway him.
And many more things.


I knew I would probably not see him again when I left New Zealand to come to Korea but somehow that does not make it any easier right now. 


However we have this promise;
"For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." 

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17



No comments:

Post a Comment