Sunday 8 January 2012

January 6 - Better Late than Never

Mmmmmm ... so this is only three day's late. However as the saying goes "Better late than never."

For my Facebook friends you will know that I have just changed schools. For my non-Facebook friends, "I've just changed schools." What does this mean? I've moved about 25 minutes closer into the heart of Seoul as the Train chugs, I'm teaching at a new Institute - still the same company, just a different branch and I'm now the coordinator. That's the equivalent of a HOD in a high school. Has been a very very busy week - and I have to confess to regressing to some of my old bad habits re not enough sleep and too much work ... however today is a new day - during which I have mainly slept and done not a skerrick of school work - and tomorrow I am promising myself to go back to being balanced!!!

The paragraph above is by way of giving an explanation for why this post is belated. Sleep deprivation. (In fact Friday night after vespers I ended up going to sleep on the kitchen floor while listening to my two room-mates talk at length, I did wake up from time to time to add hopefully intelligent things to the conversation ...)

Today's Music Pick is 'Ten Guitars' of Engelbert Humperdinck fame. Now I know that this song is not exactly original New Zealand Music, but it is 'Chill Out' Music and became very very popular in NZ. I have many happy memories of sitting around camp fires, or in hot pools singing this song with whoever else was sitting enjoying the heat.




No comments:

Post a Comment