Tuesday 14 January 2014

Second Hand Beauty

Today I went trawling through art gallery's and interesting craft shops and museums and second hand shops with one of my friends. In the process I found this beauty in a second hand shop ...


A lovely old gate way, minus the gate. Can't you just imagine seeing that in a garden wall and imaging what treasures lie hidden behind it. So detailed and gorgeous. I wish I had a garden with a wall so I could buy this gate way. Or maybe I should buy it anyway and use it to frame a great big mirror :-) or a book case - hmmmmm bookcase - now that would be really really cool. 

Also found this gorgeous vase in another second hand shop ...


This is not the best angle for it. I love the shape, and blue and white just happen to be my favourite colour combination. And, I like the fact that it has writing in Chinese characters all the way around it. I have no idea what it says so I can imagine anything I want. Maybe it is a a story of intrigue and mystery, or maybe it is a love letter from the artist to his wife of 60 years, or maybe it is completely prosaic; a plant holder decorated with instructions on how to keep the plant inside alive - which actually might be useful to me, if I could read them. ^^ I have asked some of my friends if they can read Chinese but I'm not sure if I really want to know...

PS if you think I am looking fatter in the top picture it is because today is a 7 layer day. And that's not counting the hat and gloves which were in my handbag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment