Sunday 10 May 2015

Answered Prayer

Last week I strained my lower back. No idea how I did it, but I do know for sure that the 37km bike ride last Sunday didn't help it get better. (Don't care though, was lots of fun and I'll totally do it again.)

Any way, this weekend I went to visit a friend in another city. Had a great time and didn't get to the train station to get my ticket home till 6:30pm Sunday night. 

So I'm looking around the packed train station and it dawns on my that I'm unlikely to get a seat on a intercity train going home, that the best I can hope for is a 'standing seat.' That means I pay a bunch of money for the privilege of standing in the aisle as the train speeds back to Seoul. 

I say a quick prayer, "God I really need a seat, my back isn't gong to handle the hour of standing on the rocking train." Then it's my turn to advance to the ticket counter. 

The man turns his computer to show me that in the whole evening there are only 4 standing seats and no real seats available. Plus these standing seats don't leave the station until well after 9pm. I have to agree to buy one, must go home and work tomorrow after all. But then as he's about to enter the data the screen flickers and up pops a real seat an hour earlier. He grabs it quick, I pay and leave clutching my seat ticket with a lot of thanks and gratitude to God for answering my prayer. 

He cares about the little things like seats and sore backs. We can trust Him for  the big things too. 

PS The picture is from the Internet, not my train. 


No comments:

Post a Comment