Tuesday 26 May 2015

On Eagles Wings

Today this picture showed up on my Facebook feed. 


It shows a Red Winged Blackbird being carried on the back of an eagle. It reminded me of a verse I discovered few years back. 

Exodus 19:4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. 

When I read it I imagined being carried on the back of an eagle high above the storms of life, in peace and safety snuggling into its feathers. 

Obviously the analogy is that God is the eagle and He carries us safely through, over and around our storms. 

Sadly I haven't always taken advantage of His loving offer and as a result I've been battered around by the proverbial winds of strife. But thankfully I learn, even from hard things, and I've learned that nestling into the Lord is the safest and most beautiful thing I can do in any situation. When I do my peace is assured and the best outcome for any situation is guaranteed, every time. 

My prayer is that I never forget this lesson, and I never leave the safety of His feathers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment