Saturday 15 August 2015

God's Time



Currently I'm on holiday in New Zealand, have had a fantastic time, both in Auckland with my family and in Palmerston North where I've been alternating between catching up with friends and carrying out research at LAC, the school I taught in before I started traveling. 

Yesterday I was in a hurry to finish all my research tasks in Palmerston North and catch my flight back to Auckland (The flight was scheduled to take off at 3:30pm). I was so busy that I hadn't gotten lunch so at around 2:15 I went to the dairy (corner store for non-NZers) to buy some sandwiches. 

At the counter I presented my Korean credit card because I had no NZ money,  only to be told, "We don't take credit cards." I was about to leave in hungry disappointment when a voice behind me says "Would you like me to pay for them?" 

I turned around with the intention of saying, "Thank you but no I can't let you do that." And the voice continued, "You used to be my Science teacher." It was a lovely young lady I had taught almost 7 years ago.

I accepted the sandwiches, we had a wee chat about where we each are in life now and I hurried away in stunned amazement that God had cared about my lunch and used His perfect timing to orchestrate events. If either of us had been a minute earlier or later we would not have met. 

I  finished eating the sandwiches as I arrived at the airport and caught my plane with just a few minutes to spare. Totally amazed at God's timing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment