Sunday 21 March 2010

Sabbath Blessing

Today is Sabbath, I've just got home from church and in a few mins a friend is taking me to the peoples house where the potluck is happening. But first I thought I would write a quick note.

This week I did not get into town, always seemed to be busy when others were going to town, mostly watering plants, (which are mainly all still alive - still convinced I have the talent to kill them but Larry assures me that even if I didn't water them between now and when he and Michelle get back they would not die - I however am still claiming God's blessings on the plants.)

Anyway I did not get to go to town this week and I realised on Friday that I had no cash and so no offering to take to church today. So I prayed and said that if God wanted an offering He was going to have to give me the money! Then I got on with my day. In the afternoon I put on a couple of loads of washing and then tossed them in the dryer, when collecting the washing out of the dryer one penny dropped out with my clothes. My clothes don't have pockets and the dryer was definitely empty before I put my washing in - I know this cause I had to take out the dry washing of the person before me. So today I took my penny and put it in the offering.

I think God has a sense of humour. On american penny's it says "In God we trust."

No comments:

Post a Comment