Friday 4 November 2011

Before and On The Way

I thought now was a good half way point to give myself some inspiration and motivation to keep eating healthy.

Here are a couple of nasty pictures of me from before I went to America:


 This photo was taken at Christmas about a month before I went to the US.
And this nastiness was from the last school camp I ran in 2008.

All I can say is THANK GOD for the changes He has made in me. Left to my own devices there is no way I could have stayed on any diet for so long. But, He has healed the pressures in my mind that caused me to live in such an unhealthy way and has taught me that healthy eating is a lifestyle not just a diet.

This is me now at half way, I've lost somewhere near 100 pounds - not really sure, scales are hard to come by here in Korea.

With some students a couple of months back.

Yes that is McDonald's we are at - it is the only place that is open at that time in the morning. And I've only been about 4 times since I've been in Korea. Feeling the need to justify myself here ... ;-)
With two of my favourite fellow missionaries.
(I have lots of favourites!!)











I still have a long long way to go, but God is good and I will get there. It is interesting, looking at these photo's makes it more real. When I look in the mirror I still see the fat girl, the one who wants to be slim and beautiful but doesn't think she'll ever get there. But the photos side by side like this show her that this goal is obtainable - well the slim part any way, and I'll gladly settle for slim and healthy.

The other night I was coming home from Costco wishing I had remembered at the check out that I have to carry home everything I buy on my back, and that I had not bought quite so much stuff. And I suddenly realised as my knees threatened to give way that I used to carry more weight that that every second of every day. I have no idea how I did it!

5 comments:

  1. You are doing so amazingly well Catriona!! those photos say it all...well done you!! you are looking gorgeous....and so so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Go you! You are doing so well! keep up the good work, you look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you carry extra weight, you carry it all over, not in a couple of carrier bags on either side. However, you have done really well and I congratulate you. Going to a different country has probably had a part in it; but, when I see your photos, I realise there are opportunities to eat unhealthy food. Eating food as raw as possible helps prevent so many diseases and conditions that it's worth persevering.AND you are beautiful and always have been since I have known you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you look amazing. Wish I had the willpower to do the same

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Helen, Sammy and Gillian (A1) for the encouragement :-)

    And A1, it's not about willpower, it's about God power. Where once I used to turn to food and stories for comfort, love and security now I turn to God. He has healed the pressures in my mind/heart that used to drive me to live in a way that I knew was killing me but I couldn't stop.

    Now in the place of those pressures I mostly have peace and joy and on those occasions when they do come back I know to turn to God for comfort and healing. He never fails!!

    ReplyDelete