Monday 7 November 2011

Kids are Trolls - Sometimes

The other day I gave my class a lovely little exercise to make them talk to each other and speak clearly. On the classroom wall I posted the first two verses of a poem and divided the kids into pairs.One person from each pair had to sit down at the other end of the classroom with a pen and paper. Then the other person went back and forward telling their writing partner the poem a line at a time.

I made it a race to see who can finish the quickest - you're not finished until it is letter and punctuation perfect! (Yes, I know that's a bit rich coming from me, but that's the perks of being the teacher.)

Any way, I'm talking to a kid and turn around to see that almost all of the 'run and tell' partners have whipped out there cell phones and are taking pictures of the poem, with the intention of simply delivering the phone to their 'writing' partner.  Like I said ... Clever little TROLLS!!


No comments:

Post a Comment