Thursday 4 October 2012

The Future

The big question ... where to go, what to do NEXT?  My answer unfortunately is, 'I don't know.'

My head says the practical thing to do would be to stay in NZ for a year and get a job teaching in a high school so that my teacher registration is maintained for another five years. At the same time I could complete the Masters and do a TESOL course - yes, they are all possible.

My heart wants to go back to Korea, and teach English to adults somewhere in Seoul. One thing I learned while I was in Korea is that you can be a missionary anywhere, I don't need to be working for a church organisation to be a missionary. But it will be much easier to get the kind of job I want if I have finished my Masters and done a TESOL course.

And then there is a mission school in India that needs a foreign teacher. But they can only afford to pay local wages and I have commitments that make it impossible for me to live on local wages. My Spirit wants to leap out in faith and just go, my Head says, 'Count the Cost.' One thing I have become very aware of since I finished my time as a missionary in Korea is that there is a huge shortage of people who are willing and able to get out of their comfort zones and go somewhere new to tell people about the love of Jesus.

And so I pray and wait.

And I follow the only solution I can think of, apply for everything that appeals, both in Korea and in NZ and to ask God to close all the doors I'm not supposed to walk through, because ultimately I only want to go where God wants me to be. If that place is a high school in NZ for a year then I shall be practical and stay put. If that place is back to Korea then my heart will be exceedingly happy. And if that place is India then my spirit will be delighted to see God do His miracles that free me to go there. And if that place is somewhere else entirely then I'll enjoy the surprise.

If you could pray with me I would definitely appreciate your prayers, and while your praying also follow the instruction from Luke 10:2 "... pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest." Because we need more people who are available and have a passion for teaching others about God's goodness and Jesus' soon return.

No comments:

Post a Comment