Thursday 25 July 2013

Hot Lava and Fruit Stamps

Today I taught the kidlettes the Hot Lava game - the one where the floor is hot lava and they have to get from one side of the room to the other without touching the floor. Funny - they chose the most difficult method to get there in my view. The first girl grabbed two chairs, she sat on one and put her feet on the other and then proceeded to slowly perambulate across the floor inchworm style ... so frustrating to watch, and it got worse, all the others copied her. It became a race about who could inch the fastest. Not what I had been imagining at all!

The worst thing about this blog is that lots of cute things happen and I think "Must remember that to put in the blog" ... and then it gets pushed out of my head by the next thing that happens.

The other funny thing from today that I do remember though is the look if absolute horror on the girls faces as they realised I was about to dip half an apple into paint. We used various fruits and veggies dipped in paint to do stamping. Was fun and the girls enjoyed it, once it was firmly installed in their minds that I was not expecting them to eat the fruit afterwards.

Best best thing though is that today is the start of my holidays. 10 days of no work :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment