Wednesday 30 July 2014

Medical Adventures

I think I went to a plastic surgeon today. 


It goes like this, I have gotten a massive earache, gave my body three days to heal itself and nothing happens except I end up devouring pain killers. 


Today I determined to see a doctor. This afternoon I'm walking down the street looking at signs in office building windows, searching for 병원, which essentially means doctors clinic. Find two of them in the same building, but they have words in front I don't understand. Rather than translate I go into a nearby pharmacy to ask which is best. (There is almost always someone who can understand English in a pharmacy.)


The pharmacy sent me to a completely different building. 


When I got there the word 병원 was no where in sight. The place was called 'Dream Clinic' and there were plastic surgery advertising pictures all over the place. 


The office people didn't seem to know what to do with me. But I handed over my Alien Card (seriously, I'm an alien and I have a card to prove it) and my health insurance card. They sent me off to the doctor who did the doctoring thing and wrote me a prescription. 


While all my body parts are still the same shape, I do feel a whole lot better now that I've taken my meds. And now to bed to catch up the sleep my ear stole from me last night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment