Monday 16 August 2010

The First Week ...

So much to tell, and so little time to tell it in ....

Most important thing is .... DON'T FORGET IT'S MY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drop me a line and tell me you love me!!!!!! <3

We had a big room shuffle on Friday, now I am rooming with two ladies called Flo and Carmine, Flo used to wrestle pigs and Carmine has spent many years teaching English in Korea and Japan. They are both a little older - was a bit worried that I would end up rooming with teenagers, maybe I'm selfish but I am soooo over that!

One thing that has totally amazed me this week is the number of people who have connections to people I know in NZ. I was talking to one of the men in the course and it turns out I taught his niece at LAC a few years ago, and another girl here is best friends with a girl I also taught. I meet the new chemistry professor for the College, she is good friends with one of my sisters good friends in Auckland. And then there are people with links back to BHHEC as well.

Lectures have continued to be interesting and thought provoking. Today we got our first set of assignments handed out and tomorrow I have my first quiz. (I was very industrious today and have already finished the first 3rd of the first assignment.)

On Sabbath afternoon we had our first knocking on door experience, after about the first 3 or four houses I figured out that you just hand the people the brochure while your introducing yourself, then even if they say they are not interested they've got the information.

Have a great day, I'm off to bed now so that I am ready for another day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment