Wednesday 25 August 2010

An Answered Prayer ... AKA I'm Not Going To Get Kicked Out!

Today a letter came to me from the US immigration people, they have approved my extension of stay until the 15th of December, which is 3 days after my ticket home!!!!!!! God is very good!!!!!!!! I was told it would take 4 - 5 months to process the application, and it has been done in just less than eight weeks. So now I don't have to worry about being kicked out of the country unceremoniously half way through the AFCOE course - or trying to go to Mexico and come back under the visa waiver program or some other skeem. Now I can just concentrate on growing in my walk with God and doing my assignments to the best of my ability!

Since I'm talking about answered prayers tonight I thought I would do a round up of how all the other things I prayed about have been provided.

Remember I said that I prayed for 6 things when I got my acceptance to come to AFCOE? If you don't here is the link http://catkween.blogspot.com/2010/07/watching-god-at-work.html


God only has half a prayer left to go, plus a new one I added recently. 


1. Immigration status sorted out - done!
2. Money for the fees and other associated expenses - God has provided half the money so far.
3. Clothes - done! I have got three black skirts, and a couple of new tops. I choose to make them all black because then they mix and match in with all my tops which already go with all my black trousers - call me a miser but I just don't want to spend a bunch of money on clothes I'm only going to be wearing for a few months - while I shrink out of them. And I got a good hair cut too, not the best I've ever had but considering she had to try to fix the damage made by the previous hair dresser she did a great job. I drew a picture of what my hairstyle is supposed to look like and took it with me, that helped. Yes I know I'm pedantic - but you love me anyway :-D
4. A mobile phone - done! the story of that is on this blog entry http://catkween.blogspot.com/2010/07/thought-control.html
5. Bedding, Linen, Towels, etc - done!
6. A hairdryer - done! http://catkween.blogspot.com/2010/07/answers-so-far.html

Now I have started praying for the use of a car, neither me nor my ministry partner have one, she is called Rebbecca and she is from Sweden, very young, lovely and quiet.

Today we learned how to write Bible studies, we were about 5 mins into the lesson and I realised that I may not be in the classroom anymore but I'm still writing lesson plans, just under another name. Then this afternoon we looked at writing sermons. Yet another name for a lesson plan. Guess I'm never going to get away from them, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment