Tuesday 20 July 2010

Watching God At Work

Remember how I said I had three options for the rest of this year? Well now I know which one is happening.
I'm going to the Amazing Facts College Of Evangelism in California. (aka AFCOE which is way shorter!)

Here is what happened;

I've been praying about my three options and while I had a preference I was equally happy with whichever one happened.

1. Go back to NZ and get a short term teaching contract - but prayed that I would only do that if my visa extension application was turned down.
2. Stay at BHHEC till 12th of December when I'm going home anyway.
3. Go to AFCOE and learn how to be an Evangelist. I sent the application for this option before I ran into all my immigration problems. I prayed that God would only allow me to be accepted if He wanted me to go there and that He would provide everything I needed to go - which is pretty much everything! Otherwise would He please make it that my application was turned down.

Today I received my acceptance letter by email. And immediately began to have a minor panic attack along the lines of, "Wow, God gave me the option of my preference,  Oh dear I need ..." And then  began to itemise all the things I need, or have to do, and the fact that I only have two weeks to accomplish all these things and I'm doing a short course (natural remedies) for those two weeks and have even less time to accomplish all those things in. Then I remind myself that as God answered my prayer He obviously wants me to go there, so He will provide for all those needs, as he promises in multiple places in the Bible. (e.g. Philippians 4:19)

I got down to my mail box about 5 mins after receiving and replying to this email and I find in my box this quote:
"Prayer is the answer to every problem in life. It puts us in tune with Divine wisdom that knows how to adjust everything perfectly. So often we do not pray in certain situations, because from our standpoint the outlook is hopeless. But nothing is impossible with God. Nothing is so entangled that it cannot be remedied; no human relationship is too stained for God to bring about reconciliation and understanding; no habit so deep rooted that it cannot be overcome; no one is so weak that they cannot be strong. No one is so ill that he cannot be healed. No mind is so dull that it cannot be made brilliant. What ever we need if we trust God, He will supply It. If anything is causing worry or anxiety, let us stop rehearsing the difficulty and trust God for healing, love and power."                         E. G. White
So what I am going to do is put a list of my needs here on my blog and then over the next two and a half weeks I will record how God answers those needs.

1. To make sure this is all legal in relation to my visa situation.

2. Money for fees and other course needs.

3. Clothes - I have to wear skirts or dresses for classes and church!!! Those of you who know me even a little bit know that I haven't worn a skirt in at least 10 years - in fact until about two weeks ago I didn't even own a skirt, then one of the lovely ladies here gave me a skirt that she has shrunk out of - however I have not yet shrunk into it. Now I can report that this prayer is half answered already. I rung my Mum this afternoon to tell her, and she has given me some cash and told (more like ordered) me to go and buy three nice (not from cheap shops e.g. Walmart lol) outfits and get a good hair cut! Thanks Mum!! So now for the other half of that need, God will have to actually help me find these clothes as my time is rather limited. (And, I will admit I am looking forward to getting a good haircut - the only one I have had here so far was so dreadful I decided I wasn't having another until I got back to NZ - so God will have to find me a good hairdresser too!)

4. A mobile phone - so that I can contact the people I am working with when I'm out doing Bible work stuff.

5. Bedding, linen and towels, etc - seeing as I am coming back to NZ on the 12th of December and my suitcases are already overly full I really don't want to buy this, so have been praying that someone near where I will be living will be able and willing to lend me what I need in this area for the duration.

6. Anything else I will need that I don't know about yet.


Psalm 34:8  Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment