Friday 16 July 2010

So Far This Week...


This week has seen lots of little happenings;

1. My forms are mailed to the place where they get processed, and now I am just praying that God's will is done - and of course it will be. For some people that means they get lost in a pile for a few months, for others that they get processed quickly and either accepted or denied - depending on whether they want me to stay or come home, lol. What ever happens I'm not allowed to leave the country until a decision is made. If I do leave my application will be automatically declined!

2. I bought new shoes - summer is in full swing and I finally found some nice new shoes that fit fairly well (except for being a bit lose in the heel and giving me blisters, but that will heal!) Darn feet!! One day I am totally going to find a cobbler, then I will never have to go shoe shopping again!!!!!!!! Just email a picture of the shoes I want and they can make them and post them to me.

3. Went swimming! Ever since I've been here people have been telling me how great the pools in Rapid City are, well we went on Monday. They were nice, but not as good as the Lido in PN I'm afraid. Sorry to my American friends but I got to tell the truth... It is funny I had this idea that every thing in America would be Bigger and Better than anything at home. But now that I am here I find it is often not the case. Is kind of the same feeling as I had when I moved to Australia at 18 for my teacher training and discovered that many things were not as advanced as in NZ. Australia has caught up with NZ now! May be if I get to spend time in LA I will find the Bigger and Better. So I bite my tongue and don't say anything ... most of the time. All though I did  react to the cows ... we were driving into Rapid one day and Patricia says "look at that herd of cows" I'm looking around going "where????" Turns out she was talking about a small group of maybe 20 cows (they looked more like steers to me) in a huge field, I'd been looking for something more like 300 in an ordinary sized field. One thing that is bigger is the paddocks! Way bigger than at home.

4. I went out to lunch on Monday and got to leave my first Tip. Just as well Patricia reminded me or I would have forgotten. Was kind of cool. Another thing I always forget over here is the 'gst' type tax, they call it something different and they add it on at the check out. I always forget that the total price is not actually the sum of all the things in the trolley.

Well I better stop this now and go do my work, have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment