Sunday 18 July 2010

I've Been Thinking ...

I was thinking about the fact that the Christian Church in general seems to celebrate Christs death on the cross. People wear fancy cross's on chains around their necks, put huge crosses in their churches and emboss them into the covers of their Bibles.

Now I've been thinking that this is wrong ... What I mean is, it is fantastic that Jesus died for my sins but that is not the best part. If He had only died what would that mean? Well it would mean that I can die 'pure' or sinless because He took my sins with Him. But so what? I would still be dead!

The truly great thing is that He rose again. That means that not only may I die 'pure' I will be resurrected and live eternally.

I think instead of crosses people should be wearing little ovals to represent the empty tomb...

No comments:

Post a Comment