Friday 9 July 2010

A Stay Of Execution...

Had a long chat with the man at the Immigration place, it was very interesting. He said both interpretations of 'maintaining a residence' and 'remuneration' (mine and the Border Guard on the US/Canada border) were correct, and he intimated that the Official on the Border had been overly pedantic - didn't say it out right but certainly gave that impression. He suggested that I apply for an extension of the visa I am currently here on, apparently it is currently taking 4 - 5 months to process these applications and I am allowed to remain in the country while this is happening. In fact I am required to stay, if I leave the country for any reason my application will be denied. Now, since 5 months is almost exactly the amount of time I want to stay for this is about as close to perfect as I can get!!! Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!  And, this application is cheaper than the one for changing to an H3 visa and it is a MUCH shorter form to fill in. A blessing in every way!

Of course I have to be ready to leave very fast if the application is ultimately denied, so I'm going to weed through my stuff and get rid of as much as I can so that I am not over my airline limits and I'm going to get my work so I am only working on one project at a time, (currently working on 4 projects) so that if I have to leave I only have one project on the go that I can finish from NZ and email back to BHHEC.

Also going to spend a bit less time working in the next few weeks and a bit more time concentrating on the Personal Trainer practical work so that I can get that finished asap - just in case I have to leave in a hurry. Then I will catch up the work hours after, either here or from NZ.

So I am feeling very thankful and will definitely appreciate any prayers for my application to be lost in a pile in the immigration department for a few months if it's going to be denied or be processed quickly and granted. I don't mind which option happens as long as I get to stay till December 12 when I'm coming home anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment