Sunday 25 July 2010

Thought Control

No I have not developed any psi powers, but I am learning to transfer a thinking skill I learned last year in Sydney to a new situation. Remember I told you about how I had such a hard time teaching in Sydney but when I learned to praise God in all situations and that that made a huge change in my attitude and outlook on life? (Here is the link if you don't ... http://catkween.blogspot.com/2010/03/ive-been-thinking.html) What I learned then was to stop the gloomy grey thoughts of discouragement when they started to cling and replace them with praise. Now I am learning to cut doubt off at the pass when it starts to intrude into my mind and replace it with a promise from God and to affirm that I know God will stand behind His promises and provide my needs.

Today I was busy telling God that the next step in the adventure of life was scaring me and enumerating the list of things that need to be accomplished etc etc etc, spent at least 20 mins doubting His will to provide - even though I know He wants me to go to AFCOE. Then I came across this quote from Mrs White ...

"The Lord is disappointed when His people place a low estimate upon themselves. He desires His chosen heritage to value themselves according to the price He has placed upon them. God wanted them, else He would not have sent His Son on such an expensive errand to redeem them. He has a use for them, and He is well pleased when they make the very highest demands upon Him, that they may glorify His name. They may expect large things if they have faith in His promises."  {DA 668.1}

Ummmmmm ... End of doubt! I apologised to God for all my doubting thoughts and prayers, reclaimed the promises and then I went to make that quote my facebook status. (It is too long so will have to think of something else.) While there I discovered an email from a friend informing me that he has just brought a new cell phone and that I can have his old one with all its accessories. If I would like it he will post it to Weimar (where AFCOE is) and it will be waiting for me when I arrive. Now this phone he is offering is WAY better than the one I was planning to buy (a $10 job from Walmart) so of course I said yes!! But the timing blew me away!! God is very good and very great and I just have to remember that he is in control.

Then I went and re-read the quote on prayer I posted in my blog entry a few days ago and the line "If anything is causing worry or anxiety, let us stop rehearsing the difficulty and trust God for healing, love and power" bit me.

So that leads to more thought control, stop the "this is the problem" thoughts and replace them with "this is God's solution" thoughts, God's promises are the solution!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cat, you may or may not remember me, but I'm Marie's friend in ChCh NZ. You and I meet last year when you visited ChCh and came to the Leo program at the Town Hall. Over the past year I've asked Marie periodically how you were and what life was like at Black Hills. It's an opportunity than also interests me. Anyway, loving your blog, read through this and last years renditions. I'll be an avid reader if you continue to entertain with your words as you've done, well done!

    ReplyDelete