Monday 13 December 2010

Re-Baptism Testimony

Jesus is my Saviour, my God, my Comforter, Provider and Divine Stalker. I did not find Jesus; I had no interest in finding Him. He pursued me;
Persistently, through the wilderness years when I wanted nothing to do with Him.
Gently, through the stumbling years when I was groping around wondering if He was really out there and if He really cared.
Firmly, through the rebellious years when I knew He was waiting but I wanted things to be my way.
Lovingly, through the hesitant years when I allowed my fear to overcome the surrender I desired.
And finally, He has taught me that I can’t live without Him.

I can’t say there was a particular instant when I was converted, there was a day when I gave my heart and life into His keeping, but it was the result of a long and gentle process.

Most recently He has shown me how to get off the rollercoaster and stop having the ‘up and down experience’ that leaves me frustrated. He has taught me to give my problems to Him and ‘rest’ in the knowledge that He can and will solve them, and He has demonstrated this willing ability time and again.

It is because of His care, persistence, firmness and love that I am rededicating my life to Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment