Tuesday 26 April 2011

Blog - The Next One ...

Today, after classes and tea, we went to Itaewon, the foreign shopping district, also called America Town apparently. While there I saw lots of new things. And, took photos of many of them.

Most important news from this trip, I found a black twin set!!!!! I have been looking for one of these for two years, totally didn’t expect to find one in Korea, I was only looking for a cardigan and stumbled across treasure!! Exceedingly happy.

The first stop once we got off of the subway was ‘Africa Town’ – a street of shops which apparently looks like it belongs in South Africa. 

Pig Snout with your dinner any one?

Two way traffic on a one way street, and what’s not shown in this picture is the motor bike trying to squeeze around the other side of the hand cart on the right. Apparently the people operating these vehicles have not heard about taking turns ... 

Once out of ‘Africa Town’ we went our separate ways with promises to meet up at 8:30pm in front of KFC. That’s when I found my twin set :-D and also took pics of interesting stuff in shop windows. 

See the incense burner in the middle of the front row? On Friday I saw it in the Museum. You can buy this handsome genuine imitation copy for a mere 150,000 won. (A picture of the original is in my 'Korea – Part 1' album on Facebook.)

Given my hatred of shoe shopping at the best of times, I think we can safely assume that I will never ever ever enter this shop – it is definitely not an example of the ‘best of times’!! 

One thing I really like about Korea is that they have lots of art in public places, these two were in the subway beside an escalator. 

Finally I will again finish my blog with a comment about plumbing. Popped into a ‘Quizno Subs’ to use the bathroom, the toilet seat was violet vinyl ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment