Thursday 28 January 2010

I learned something new already today and it's only 7am...

This morning I woke up to the sound of metal scrapping on stone, this is a new experience. Figured out with some thought that that must be the sound of a snow plow - the engine noises were a clue!
So when I finally went outside it was to a world covered in soft powdery snow! While walking down to the cafeteria for breakfast (7am) I discovered that .... wait for it ...... drum roll, LOL .... new snow squeaks when you walk on it! The snow we had the other day was too light to make this discovery, and conversely the hill I am eying for sliding down is not covered thickly enough yet - but if it snows again tonight.....

1 comment:

  1. http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/wxwise/squeak.html

    An explanation of why snow squeaks.

    ReplyDelete