Monday 26 March 2012

March 26 - Late Night Surprise

Yesterday was Sunday, I was feeling a bit 'peopled out.' The hardest thing to come by here in Korea is space where you can be completely and utterly alone.

I had been into the centre of Seoul to the best book shop in Korea :-) buying my Korean textbooks amongst other things and I started walking back towards the station. Decided to walk several stations rather than crowd onto the subway with the rest of humanity.

God blessed me last night with two lovely surprises;
1. I stopped on a whim for dinner at a Subway sandwich shop - the American franchise, not anything to do with trains - taking my sandwich upstairs I spent almost an hour eating my dinner and beginning to fill in my Korean workbook and the only other diner left after 5 mins. So I had the whole top floor of the restaurant all to myself - not even the staff were in evidence. :-D


2. Then as I continued my way home I found this splash of colour in the otherwise drab night. A flower stall squeezed into the ally between two buildings. Wonderful!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment