Monday 5 March 2012

March 5 - Parking and Stacking

On the bus the other day I was looking out the window and discovered this contraption that I shall call a car carousel. How to park 8 cars in one car space.

This was most interesting, particularly when I discovered (via Vickey) that there is a similar device in our institute building. So I had to go investigate.

When a car drives into our building it drives onto this platform which is obviously an elevator of the car variety and a turn table. Turns the car around so you don't have to reverse out!!
Never got to see the elevator in action but apon looking up I saw this ...

And then all sorts of buzzers went off, hooting and screaming and the security man popped out of his booth to see what was going on. He was mollified by seeing that is was just a couple of weird foreign women and disappeared again without any thing more than casting a few strange looks in our direction. I hope your grateful for the lengths I go to to get fodder for this blog. hahaha Ok I admit it is totally to satisfy my own curiosity! Your just lucky recipients of my discoveries :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment