Wednesday 7 March 2012

March 7 - Commonplace

Yesterday one of my students who is reading my blog told me that he thought it was sometimes funny and sometimes strange. I asked 'why strange?' he said it was because I talked about things that were so common, and gave the example of my police bus blog the other day. 'Why did I waste time talking about such everyday things?'

My answer, 'Those things may be commonplace for you, but they are strange for me. We don't have police buses in New Zealand, or car carousels or any of those other things.'

Today I'm talking about another commonplace thing.

At home we have 'round-a-bouts' to guide the traffic through intersections. 

I'm calling these 'square-aways' however they don't seem to do any guiding. The traffic just drives straight over the top of them. Maybe their function is purely decorative ...

No comments:

Post a Comment