Wednesday 1 February 2012

February 1 - New Challenge, Korea Stories

My self appointed challenge for February is to post one or more of my photos from here in Korea with a quick - or not so quick explanation/story of the photo.

Given that today is the coldest day of winter so far - and tomorrow is predicted to be colder - I'm posting pictures of snow :-) Took them as I walked to and from work yesterday afternoon and evening.

Walking down the hill outside my apartment - somehow it doesn't look nearly as steep in this photo as it feels when I'm climbing back up it!!















One national pastime of Korean is sweeping!! In spring they sweep up flower petals, in summer they sweep up dust, in autumn they sweep up leaves and in winter they sweep up snow. I think there has not been a day since I arrived in Korea where I have not seen at least 1 someone (normally more like 10 someones) sweeping something,











People waiting for the bus outside my institute window, complete with umbrella's to protect them from the frozen rain.










I fought the urge, but the urge won. (Really I did try to resist the urge to draw in the snow on car windows but just before I got home last night it won.) Hope this person had a nice day today. ^^






No comments:

Post a Comment