Tuesday 28 February 2012

February 28 - Term Break

Today was the last day of the term. Now I have three days off plus the weekend. Looking forward to some sleeping in!! And the chance to go to the hairdressers!!!!!

This evening my kids had to finish a test and then I had them making syllable pyramids using food words. The challenge was to see who could make the biggest pyramid.

I was rather enjoying reading their creations - until I got to number 5 - that just sounds terrible!!!!! (They're really into meat!!)

ham
chic-ken
po-ta-to
chic-ken-sa-lad
chic-ken-cur-ry-cake

I won't put down everything but the team that won got eleven syllables. That sounds like not much, but they weren't allowed to use dictionaries, just their heads, and no Korean foods. Here is their invention;

po-ta-to-chips-with-on-ion-and-gar-lic-sauce

It sounds rather wonderful. I am assuming they are talking about hot chips - New Zealand style.


No comments:

Post a Comment