Tuesday 20 October 2015

100 Happy Days Revisited - #12: Things That Make You Go Umm....

So my current classroom management scheme goes something like this:

Students names are on the board according to their assigned seats, I give them points for anything I think deserves positive reinforcement.  25 points equals a small prize. They get a prize about once every 4 weeks.  I also have magnets with pictures of the Internet sensation 'Grumpy Cat' on them. If kids annoy me - mainly by talking when I'm talking, or being off task - then they get a Grumpy Cat by their name. That means they have to stay for 1 minute after school in complete stillness and silence. Is a terrible punishment for overactive boys and talkative girls. Each GC equals 1 min, so two GC means they lose 2 mins of their recess. Is a system that is working really well for me. 

Today I came into class to find that someone had added this to my board ...


Or in more detail ...

The half rubbed out bit used to say, 'by teacher.'

I am wondering why they gave the GrumpyCat two tails, one was not enough???



Then on my way home I was wandering along being nosey and I discovered this in a very expensive wine store ...


A lot of these are the kind of thing that would get put in a kids lunchbox. It's like someone heard that wine and cheese is a popular pairing, but didn't quite understand the concept ...

Disclaimer: I don't drink, but I do like to explore, I really wasn't looking for wine!! Promise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment