Sunday 11 October 2015

100 Happy Days Revisited - #9: Making Ice Cream

A while back I bought a teeny tiny ice cream churn ...


Today I used it for the first time. Made melon and coconut cream ice cream. Was 'interesting' ... wouldn't make it exactly that way again ... Think I'll stick to pineapple and coconut cream in the future. But it was still fun to experiment. 

Here is the finished product, 100% natural fruit and nuts (cocoNut, it's a nut right?), vegan, no added sugar etc.


I also had a go at water melon ice cream. Another 'interesting' result. Fresh crunchy watermelon bitten straight off the rind is infinitely better!!!


More experiments are obviously needed :-D 

Next time I'm going to do apple and mint! I've done that in a blender before and it's great!!!! Am hoping the ice cream churn will give it a creamier texture. 

Am also considering grape with caraway seeds, in my mind it sound fabulous but my tounge is not quite so sure it will be a good mix. 



No comments:

Post a Comment