Monday 1 February 2010

My Little Home

A new friend came by this afternoon with her computer which has a slot for an SD card so I took the opportunity to take and download photos of my home. (Thanks Lydia, now you all say 'Thanks Lydia,' too!)

Coming in the front door you see this delightful studio apartment, normally not with 2 computers on the coffee table or the bag by the couch - I've become very tidy, must be due to having only what can fit in two suitcases and lots of draws, as you will soon see.

Turn right and look back over your shoulder and there is this sweet little desk with gorgeous lattice work on the sides, where my laptop is normally to be found, and a comfy blue chair. Blue is my favourite colour but this is a bit too blue even for me.

Notice the big black boots? $33! Amazing! They've got wool inside all the way up, waterproof, non slip and even look nice. Except for having to get a size 10 so that I could get my short wide feet into them - I look like a hobbit, but my warm dry toes have lots of wriggle room.

Now, look forward and right, note the tenny tiny kitchenette? Microwave, hotplate, sink and a fridge. Cupboards supplied with most things a girl could want in a kitchen - if she's not actually planning to cook anything. Since I'm not going to be doing much/any cooking this suits me very nicely. (Dinner set, glasses, cutlery, a pot, a frypan and a steamer, a few other odd orphan cooking implements and LOTS of sharp knives.)

Swing left and you will see my bed, with pretty floral bedspread, don't normally go for florals but these are very nice. I sleep in the one that doesn't have books all over it!

Through that door is my walk in wardrobe, which is bigger than my whole room when I was at college (I might be exaggerating here, but only by the smallest amount!) The hanging space is double the distance in the picture past the edge of the door frame - can't see it because of the angle. And, there is twice the draw space - angle again.

Opposite the wardrobe is the bathroom there is a sink/vanity area but the angle monster stole it out of the picture. Notice weird toilet seat? No idea why it has that gap in the front....

The storage room; between the wardrobe and the bathroom. My bags look lonely.

Turning back to the front you can have the reverse long view. That's Lydia's head - remember all to say 'Thank You'.

Tomorrow I'll post pictures of the views out the various windows.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat, it's still the same as I remeber the rooms to be. Where are you located on campus. Those boots will be a real treat during those walks to and from the cafeteria. And the snow, ALOT of SNOW, I remeber snow fights would go on for hours or until you couldn't feel your fingers, toes,face, literaly your entire body until I would stop. But I remember the beauty, just majestic!
    Anyways keep the pictures coming, would love to keep in touch. Freda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lydia :)
    Oh and the toilet seat is like that so the men don't leave wet bits for you to sit in if they've forgotten to lift it ... at least that's my theory :)

    ReplyDelete