Thursday 18 February 2010

Unexpected Surprise

Hahaha - so the title is redundant, I'm off to a good start tonight. Wait till you hear the topic, hehehe!!

Yesterday I went to town with a couple of friends, we did the rounds of the second hand shops as one of them was looking for a bookcase for her new flat. I virtuously did not buy anything, even the VERY cool lamp stand I saw. (I't not like I can fit it in my suitcase to bring home - but I was tempted to try...)

After that we went to a supermarket - they are not that different to NZ or Oz supermarkets and while wandering around avoiding the lure of the chocolate aisle I bumped into an old friend - something I had totally not expected to find in America, something I missed immensely while in Oz and something I like better than chocolate!!!

Orange flavoured prunes! They are sweet and yummy and squishy in your mouth and you have to exercise self control and limit yourself to no more than 4 in a day. (And, they are good for you - in moderation.)

The first time I discovered these they were both unexpected and surprising, lol. It was years ago in PN, I was wandering around the supermarket looking at all the new products, as you do ... (as I do anyway) ... and saw them, thought "they look interesting," so I threw them in the cart. When I got home I tried them, discovered I liked them immensely and proceeded to devour half the packet. Unfortunately I had totally forgotten prunes fabled effects ... in due course my stomach began to rumble and ... I'll leave the rest to your imagination, but I will say the next few hours were not pleasant. It wasn't till 2 days later that I finally figured out I had done it to myself! How sad is that??

Yesterday I brought 2 packets - which will be rationed with caution and much enjoyment!

No comments:

Post a Comment