Thursday 18 February 2010

Thoughts on Psalms 17:7

Psalms 17:7
Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes.


I was reading this passage this morning and thinking 'but I don't have any foes and no enemies either, everybody loves me - or at least if they don't they have never told me... lol.) Jesus told us in Matthew 5:10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Well no one is persecuting me, does that mean I'm not righteous? 


So I was wondering how these verses and others like them apply to me and I was reminded that there are more things in the world than people. I do indeed have a deadly foe, Satan who wants to see me dead, lost and burned. He persecutes me daily with temptations!!! Sometimes I overcome them in Christs power sometimes I try to meet them in my own power and fail spectacularly.


How does Psalms 17:7 apply to me? It promises that God will 'show the wonder of [His] great love, [He will] save by [His] right hand those [me] who take refuge in [Him] from their [my] foes [Satan and his temptations].

No comments:

Post a Comment