Sunday 13 April 2014

#100HappyDays Challenge: Day 57 - Just A Delightful Day

I had to go back to Itaewon today to pick up the shoes I ordered last week. While there I decided to check out the High Street Market to see if I could get Weetbix. They didn't have any. ㅠㅠ But, going up the stairs to the shop I saw this poster ...

 
And this ...

Both of which made me rather hopefully!! 

Inside I found these... 


And ...

I only brought one if each - and I virtuously shared the LnP. 

Then I wen to a friend's Birthday party. There was ice cream cake. Here in Korea ice creak cake is sold with dry ice (frozen carbon dioxide) to stop the cake from defrosting while you carry it home. All being nerdy types we most positively had to play with the dry ice once the cake was in the freezer ...


I discovered that the dry ice carbonates the water used to make it 'steam/fog' and that is quite tasty. 

And then after cake and pizza I ditched the party and joined three other friends for a delightful evening of girl talk. And I learned four new Korean words. 
   천천히 slowly
   끔찍해 terrible 
   이상해 strange and bad
   완전 ... 해 very - more slang than 마니

No comments:

Post a Comment