Monday 26 May 2014

#100HappyDays Challenge: Day 100 - 100 Days of Happiness

It's 7:56pm and I'm finally on the bus going home. The workaholism won today :-P. 

Kind of amazing that today is the last day about blogging about the things that make me happy. You can all sigh with relief - to be honest I've found this kind of boring. Isn't that a terrible thing to say? That I'm bored of telling people that I'm happy. But it is kind of boring to talk about because it is the small and routine things in life that make me happy. 

Actually that's not exactly true. It is a decision and an attitude that makes me find happiness in everything. The small and routine things bring me happiness everyday. The big and adventuresome things bring me happiness too - but they don't happen every day. Would be cool if they did, but also rather tiring. I'm happy with my adventures being less regular. 

Today quite appropriately was full of small and routine happinesses. 

1. My amusement at the escalation of political 'vote for me tactics' offered up at the train station as I went to work. This morning the red and blue chanting bowing ladies were joined by orange and purple chanting bowing ladies, there were also white ones, but I think they are really blues in disguise. And they have now crossed to my side of the road - in fact there was a set at the end of my ally this morning. And two trucks with speakers and photos. When I came home this evening one of the trucks was playing the tune "If your happy and you know it clap your hands." I didn't understand any of the words - but I'm guessing it was something along the lines of "I'm great and I know it, vote for me."

2. The pleasure of finding a seat on the train - that happens every morning because I travel in the opposite direction to most people and so my trains are almost always empty-ish. 

3. Teaching my lovely kids - I love my job. This is what my kids wrote on my board today. 


Cat T. stands for Cat Teacher. They also offered to find me a husband, but since their first suggestion was the naughtiest boys father I think I won't hold my breath.  (He didn't seem too happy about that idea either.)

4. Watching my mint not only survive but thrive. I suspect it has it's own guardian angel - or at least mine is caring for the plant as well as for me, because my nurturing skills definitely have nothing to do with it's growth. 


5. Chatting with my upstairs neighbour :-) and making a plan to have lunch next week on our day off - we get a day off work so that everybody can go and vote. Well everybody except me. 

6. Instant messaging with my friends and hearing about their happinesses. 

7. Knowing that God is good!

8. Etc, etc, etc ...

And so ends the 100 Days of Happiness Challenge. 

And I had another happy day ^^

Now I shall have to think of something else to blog about. Possibly 100 days of STUDY.  I got an assignment to finish ASAP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment