Wednesday 14 May 2014

#100HappyDays Challenge: Day 88 - Neighbours

Not counting the people who live in my building (who are lovely) I have come to know four other people who live in my lane. 

Two of them are the husband and wife who run the corner shop, they are always very helpful when I go in with my tiny Korean and my pictures of what I want to buy. 

The third is the old man who lives across the alley from me. He steals my rubbish. He is apparently a strong supporter if recycling and while I do divide my rubbish (trash for Americans) he roots through it and takes all the bits he wants. I think he probably sells it to a recycling centre. 

Finally there is an old lady who lives on the first floor (the next one up from ground level) in a building at the other end of my lane. I see her shaking the blankets out her window most mornings as I'm going to work. In the last couple of weeks she has started smiling and waving to me as I go past. So of course I smile and wave back. Today she was waiting when I came. She leaned out and dropped a small bag if candy down to me. That was unexpected. But nice. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment