Tuesday 20 May 2014

#100HappyDays Challenge: Day 94 - Promises

One thing that makes me inordinately happy are the promises God has made me in the Bible. So many amazing promises for all situations, and I've learned to trust His word. He's never let me down and I know He never will. 

My two current favourite promises focus on the phrase "... is able to..." 

Hebrews 7:25 
Wherefore also he is able to save to the uttermost them that draw near unto God through him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. 

And

Jude 1:24-25
Now unto him that is able to guard you from stumbling, and to set you before the presence of his glory without blemish in exceeding joy, to the only God our Saviour, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and power, before all time, and now, and for evermore. Amen.

The bit that gets me in both of these texts is "is able to" Jesus is able to save me to the uttermost and He is able to guard me from stumbling and keep me pure. That is a great comfort. And if He can do it got me He can definitely do it for you. 

God Bless one and all ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment