Sunday 18 May 2014

#100HappyDays Challenge: Day 90 - Open Day

Friday: we had open day at school for the foreign teachers. That means that all day the classes were open for anyone who wanted to come and watch us teach. In reality that means parents - and as it turns out other teachers. (Afterwards one of the Korean teachers from another grade told me she had come and watched my lesson and really enjoyed it - which is a good thing ^^)

Was very daunting teaching in front of the mothers. I tried to pretend it was like teaching in front of the ERO inspectors in NZ. (ERO = Education Review Offoce, they come and evaluate every school in the country every three to five years.) But, the problem is that for ERO inspectors watching a class is just a job. For Mothers it's personal - that's my kid your teaching. 

My Happy thing from the day was that the Mothers were happy with my teaching. They fill in an evaluation sheet as they watch you. They can evaluate you as poor, average, good, great or excellent. The worst score I got was a straight row of goods. And I got lots of straight rows of excellents. 

Here for the picture part of the post is one of the forms - the Mother wrote a comment in Korean. I'm told it's good ^^



No comments:

Post a Comment