Sunday 9 March 2014

#100HappyDays Challenge: Day 21 - The Dubious Delights of Non-Coffee Drinks

Today's Happinesses ^^

The day isn't even over and I have had an entirely happy day so far. Don't expect that to change. 

I met one of my friends for brunch. It has been almost a year since I last saw her. Am determined that it will not be that long before we meet again. We had a mushroom omelette each and lattes. 

Now one thing that fascinates me is the range of non-coffee drinks available in Korea.

Green tea latte - tastes like grass.
Ginseng latte - tastes like dirt.
Sweet potato latte - tastes like thin sweet potato soup - not delicious.
Ginger latte - very delicious.
Black bean latte - oddly this one is actually rather good. Even though it doesn't sound like it. 
There are more - I tend to try them once and go back to hot chocolate ...

Today I had a new one. Broccoli latte!! It was terrible!!!!!!!!!! I had two sips - below is a pic of my tentative first taste. My friend however really liked it and said she would order it again. 


We also found an organic market. The prices were terrible, but I tried a sample of the strawberry jam - it was wonderful. I am planning to go back and buy some. ^^


Fancy a candle with a burnable holder??

And following the broccoli theme, how about some broccoli soap??


Ps At the end of today, just as I was coming home, I saw an old man sucking a lolly pop. That made me smile :-). And he was very handsome. That made me smile too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment