Saturday 15 March 2014

#100HappyDays Challenge: Day 26 - White Day

Today in Korea it is/was White Day. (Technically I'm late with this post, Technically it's tomorrow now.) 

White Day is an entirely commercial holiday designed to make people spend money. And as far as I'm concerned it is exceedingly unfair!! 

Here in Korea Valentines Day has morphed into a strange kind of day where women buy chocolate for their special men. Then one month later on March 14 the men buy candy to give to the women. That's the unfair part. How come the men get the chocolate??? And the women only get candy??? 

Then on the 14th of April, Black Day, all the women without boyfriends go and eat black noodles because they are meant to be sad and desperate. 

But the purpose of this post is not to rant. It is to tell you what made me happy today. 

One of my grade 5 boys bought me candy and while it is not chocolate I totally appreciate the guesture :-D even more so because it was completely unexpected. 



No comments:

Post a Comment