Tuesday 4 March 2014

#100HappyDays Challenge: Day 16 - The One Rule

Today was my first day with the kids - 4 classes. I did my standard spiel, "The One Rule to bind them all..." Aka "Do NOT annoy the teacher." Then I let them suggest all the copious things that might annoy the teacher. They thought of things I've never even dreamed of putting on my list - but I solumnly nodded and agreed that those things might definitely annoy the teacher and they certainly had better avoid doing them. (Eg. Screaming, singing, and dying featured in their list ... I agreed that it is particularly wise to avoid dying in class.) So proud of myself for not cracking a smile.

I also took mug shot photos of the students holding a piece of pace with their name written in big letters - students almost unanimously agreed that it was like having a prison photo taken. I just nodded and agreed, told them to smile and clicked the camera, now I will make pages of class photos and start learning their names. 

I also had my first 'silence practice' victim - I'm in the middle of explaining what will happen if they annoy the teacher and this particularly silly boy does those very things. Couldn't very well ignore that behavior ... 

Altogether it was a most enjoyable day :-)

Here is a picture of my first class. 


No comments:

Post a Comment