Saturday 22 March 2014

#100HappyDays Challenge: Day 33 - Defilement: It's A Good Thing ^^


So yet again this is late, I really tried to post it last night, but I was so tired I kept going to sleep mid-sentence. Then waking up, shaking myself and typing another word or two. The last time that happened I managed to delete 10 minutes of work. So I gave up and decided to just do if in the morning.

Yesterday's happy thing - well the one I'm going to tell you about - happened early in the morning. I had to go to immigration to renew my visa. (Incidental happy thing; outside Immigration was a truck selling my favourite street food. Guess what I had for breakfast... )

Anyway I got to Immigration with my beautiful new passport, (the NZ passport really is beautiful - I'm giving you a picture of the cover - and every page on the inside has a different gorgeous picture.) Immigration put a big ugly stamp in the middle of one of the nice clean pages. I felt rather as if my passport had been defiled. On the other hand that big ugly stamp lets me stay in the country for another year so I'm not going to complain. Sometimes it's a good thing to have something defiled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment