Monday 3 March 2014

#100HappyDays Challenge: Day 15 - More Perspective.

So today was my first day at my new job. This year I will be having another new adventure - teaching Grade 5 Science in an elementary school in Seoul. Korean students who go to and English Immersion school. They have half their subjects in English and half in Korean. 

But today was rather boring. It was all meetings. The closest I got to the students was to stand on the stage and wave while I was introduced this morning. Tomorrow is the real big day. 

One interesting thing is that I got the hear and see the Korean National Anthem sung for the first time. All the students and teachers stood to attention and faced the flag, they put their right hand on their hearts, (which apparently is located somewhere between the left nipple and the left armpit.)  Actually it was quite sweet watching the kids, they were so solumn and focused. 

But I never got pictures if that. 

Today my 'this makes me happy picture' is another one on perspective. This was taken by me on an escalator. The lines on the wall and the escalator railing meet in such a way that they can give you a rather mind bending experience, if you tip your head on just the right angle, and block out other things that would force your perspective to make the people vertical. 

I tried to capture this experience with my camera ... Kind of succeeded ... Kind of ... I still think the real experience is more brain altering than these pics, but they give you the idea. 





Another thing that amazed me was that no one even realized I was taking their photo...


No comments:

Post a Comment